Monday, May 15, 2006

Spurs Tear Jerker in Dallas - One Damn Point

After the game 2 stinker in Dallas (109-91) we all had such high hopes for game 3. The Spurs worked hard in the second half but in the end they lost it 103 to 104, sending up a huge groan of disappointment from Spurs fans that could be heard all the way up I 35.
It’s easy to try and explain why a team loses a game, to excuse the missed shots and bemoan the unfair foul calls by cruel and unjust Refs. None-the-less, there is a word for almost winning. They call it “Losing”, and that, my Freaky Darlings, is never an easy word to choke out.
So, the Spurs go into game 4 down 2-1 in the series, and the best they can hope to do now is tie it up in Dallas. It’s clutch time for them and without a win on Monday night then there’s no reason to expect anything else out of their post season stint than a delay of the inevitable.

Are You Going to Nuke Me? (Check Yes or No)

I posted that full text of the President Mahmood Ahmadi-Najads letter because I think it’s important that people see for themselves the level of madness with which we’re dealing in this man. This is not your garden variety of crazy here. This is the work of a lifetime of training and practice at being crazy. This, my Freaky Darlings, is a Professional Looney.
I don’t care how rational and sane he may have sounded in some parts of that letter, you can’t really hide Crazy. He sent a letter through an intermediary half way around the world to proselytize to the Leader of the Free World? Was he going to ask him to the Prom as well?

Ever since the Dems lost the 2000 Elections we’ve been hearing all sorts of wild and crazy allegations about our own President and his relationship with the Divine. If we thought that he was weird for saying saying things like:
"I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it."
--George W. Bush commenting to Texas evangelist James Robinson in the run-up to his presidential campaign


and:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."
--Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Abu Mazen quoting Bush when they met in Aqaba; reported in The Haaretz Reporter by Arnon Regular

(Both quotes found here)

Then we should have no trouble at all seeing the kind of danger that this Iranian fanatic poses to the world.

“According to divine verses,” he writes, “we have all been called upon to worship one God and follow the teachings of divine prophets.”

He goes on to add that:
“Liberalism and Western style democracy have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity. Today these two concepts have failed. Those with insight can already hear the sounds of the shattering and fall of the ideology and thoughts of the liberal democratic systems.”

The man is a menace and he's going to get people hurt...’Nuff Said.

The Tortilla Curtain Goes Up

Later today it is expected that the President will go on national television to discuss the Immigration Reform Bill on the table, and to anounce that he will be sending National Guard troops to the Mexican Border to help overwhelmed Border Patrol agents. As much as this has to do with illegals crossing over, I can’t helo but wonder how much of this has to do with the growing Border Cartel Wars and the use of Mexican police and military in protecting shipments of narcotics over the US-Mexican Border in recent months.
In recent weeks I’ve been asked several times where I stand on the issue of undocumented forigners in this country. It’s a complex issue that goes deeper than jobs and taxes. It’s a direct result of American Manifest Destiny, The War for Texas Indipendance, and the Mexican-American War. When the gunsmoke cleared we’d acquired the northern part of Mexico, land that later became the states of New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, and Utah.
Down here in this part of Texas we’ve been dealing with all kinds of problems with that border for hundreds of years. Ever since the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo fixed a border a mix of Good Ol’ Boy Racism and Tejano Pride have screwed the pooch for everyone down here.
You see, down here, it’s not just the devil white man that doesn’t want too many of them here, it’s the Hispanics who have been here since the land was tamed by their ancestors, hearty adventerers, settlers and conquerors.
For the most part, the undocumented immigrants lower the bar for everyone, regardless of ethnicity. It’s not about being Mexican, it’s about being American. Because one lives here does not make one an American. just like living in Texas does not make one a Texan.
So when it comes to issues of the Border, it’s always seemed more like a security issue to me than one that should have people marching and shouting and taking spontanious days off of work and school. With things in the world being what they are and having so many people out to get us, it’s important that we make sure out backdoor is locked.

No comments: